Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It is obvious to me that the designers of this unit actually use their own product

This grille was bought as a replacement for my original - the elderly had been neglected by lack of technique cleaning & was showing it is age. I have discovered that this new unit had some significant upgrades over the older model: #1) the grease tray is now stamped metal in lieu of the original plastic version, #2) there is an additional "trap" to prevent debris from clogging the grease drain hole at the bottom of the grille pan, & #3) there is now a screen guard installed around both burner units that prevents food debris from entering the void between the chromed grille tray bottom & the lower painted housing. It is obvious to me that the designers of this unit actually use their own product, & have made useful improvements on what was alraedy a GREAT idea! It is transportable, maintenance is simple, the burners are HOT! Since the grille is supplied with it is own propane gas regulator, I use a propane hose whip (available at most big-box hardware stores) to connect from a 20-lb propane tank directly to the grille. This was I can use the installed propane tanks on my RV to operate the grille than over additional disposable screw-on tanks (that may even be pricey). My only complaint about this unit is that even on the lowest burner setting it is hot for my own taste - but is that a controversy??!! It is a GRILLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment