Tuesday, November 6, 2012

. I was one time relieved, no apparent destroy was completed

I bought the grill with a small bit of trepidation due to a few negative reviewers who said they could not grill with the top down & that the handle melted, etc. Well, there has to have been a design alter or something (these reviews appear to be from 2006 - about 2008). I preheat on high with the top down every time & after turning the food on the grill I put the top back down while cooking. In fact the instruction book says to turn it on high, let it heat, put the steaks on, sear them, & then turn to low, close the lid & grill. My grill is a bright red. The first time I preheated the grill on high I though I messed up because the paint on my new grill turned a dark red. I was one time thinking, shit those guys warned me not to get it to hot. But, after the grill cooled off it was the nice bright red color again. I was one time relieved, no apparent destroy was completed. The instruction do warn against using a pot or pan on the grates that come with the grill claiming that they will warp under high heat if a pan or skillet is used. Coleman sells a grate that is specifically designed to be used under a pot. I didn't purchase the additional grate, in lieu I used a piece of steel grill grate from an elderly Weber grill I had. This elevates the skillet a bit which appeared to work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment